Pension funds, large or small, have to answer the same fundamental question: “Will my pension fund be prepared to make future benefit payments when they come due?” An Actuary helps to take the guesswork out of pension funding. Properly funding a pension plan requires planning over a long-term spectrum – from each employee hire date, all the way until the final payment is made during the employee’s benefit period. Proper planning can provide cost efficiency, manage cost volatility and provide security for participant benefits. Lauterbach & Amen, LLP specializes in the governmental sector, working with pension boards, municipalities, and districts to plan benefit requirements. We help ensure that funding for benefits is an exercise that makes sense.
In addition to our services in the government sector, Lauterbach & Amen, LLP can assist private sector companies with financial statement reporting of pensions and other post-employment benefits (OPEB). We also can assist closely held businesses in administering retirement plans for owners.
Actuarial Services Provided:
- Actuarial reports for recommended contributions for pension funds
- Cash flow planning/projections
- Development of long-term funding strategies and funding policy
- Financial statement reporting, including new standards for government pensions
- Financial statement reporting for retiree medical plans